- Parking is only on the street, NOT in the staff parking lot.
- Please allow extra time to park on Mondays and Tuesdays when there are street cleaning restrictions in effect from 12-3pm.
- There is a parking space on Las Palmas reserved for the school bus and there is absolutely no parking or drop off in this area; you will be ticketed!
- There is one Handicapped Parking space on June just north of 2nd Street.
- There are also restricted turns at certain times from 3rd Street, June Street, and Las Palmas, so read traffic signs carefully!
- NEVER block our neighbors’ driveways and obey all traffic rules. Please be considerate of trashcans on garbage collection days.
- Please use crosswalks with your children.
Drop-Off of Students
- The school doors open at 7:45am (NO EARLIER). School begins promptly at 8:06am.
- For the safety and security of your child, please do not drop off children before 7:45am, as the main school doors are locked and there is no supervision available.
- Third Street School has two entrances: the main one on June and another on Las Palmas. The Las Palmas gate only stays open for 15 minutes after drop off and pick up.
- All Kindergarten students need to be walked into school and taken directly to their classroom and parents must wait with their children until 8:06am.
- Students in Grades 1-5 may be dropped off using the drive-through lanes on June and Las Palmas. To do this, students must be able to open the vehicle door and get out on their own with their backpacks. Parent volunteers are there exclusively for safety and may help as a courtesy only. Please treat them with respect. Use extreme caution while using the drop off lanes and obey all traffic laws.
- Never park in the drop off lanes!
Pick-up of Students
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade students MUST be promptly picked up directly from their teacher. They are NOT allowed to be picked up at the drive through lanes (drive-through lanes are for grades 2-5 only).
- There is absolutely NO WAITING outside school entrances without an adult.
- After 4:30pm, the front door is locked and pickup is through the Staff Gate in the teacher’s parking lot on June Street. Please DO NOT park or drop off/pick up in this lot and ONLY use this gate AFTER 4:30pm.